- Career Level: Manager
- Experience in Years: 3 Years
- Qualification (Diploma, Undergraduate, Bachelors, Post Graduate): Bachelors
The Data Scientist will represent the foundation of a data driven culture within the organization. The successful candidate in this role will use a wealth of internal data streamed for different physical sources, and external data available to understand beneficiaries’ behaviour, improve operational efficiencies and provide actionable insights to stakeholders so they can make smarter, data-driven decisions.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the ideal candidate will have an established background in solving complex problems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Our team is small, creative, diligent, highly entrepreneurial and business focused.
- Use various data mining techniques to uncover trends and derive insights
- Analyze forecasting metrics, perform exploratory data analysis with the goal to uncover trends, find root causes of forecast inaccuracies and develop innovative features that can drive additional value
- Solve complex data science problems using the breadth of open source tools available including problem framing, data preparation, model building, model deployment and output consumption in the form of dashboards
- Manage stakeholder expectations and design data science solutions which align with our pillars of maximizing impact and scale, reducing operational costs and improve beneficiaries’ experience
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results concisely and persuasively to various stakeholders
- Deliver successful high-profile data science projects within the organization.
- A university degree in Big Data, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- At least 3 years work experience as a data scientist within a business environment
- Practical experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms and knowledge of building time-series models by taking into account dynamic variables
- Working knowledge of relational databases, data manipulation, business and/or enterprise intelligence, and applied statistics
- Experience with data science programming languages, specifically Python/Java or R
- A deep understanding of AI, ML, NLP and deep learning tools and libraries and familiarity with big data technologies and data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, nifi or other